The topic of conversation that has come up this week is cooking with olive oil. Olive oil has 3 enemies: heat, light, and oxygen. When used to fry foods olive oil goes rancid and loses its health properties. Olive oil should be in a dark container such as green or black when purchasing, not in clear containers. Coconut oil is the best oil to use for frying. Here are the links that better explain olive oil:
http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/olive-oil.htm
http://www.oliveoilsource.com/page/cooking-olive-oil
http://whatscookingamerica.net/OliveOil.htm
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Article I found on Quinoa at: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice Although not a common item in most kitch...
-
After watching The Biggest Loser tonight I saw Darus's knee injury, which I know all to well. The ileotibial (IT) band syndrome injury h...
-
Here's an article I found. The link is at the bottom of the page. Diet and Acne Connection - Acne Diets Exposed Mike WaldenMay 28, 2007...
-
I have always been a finicky, picky meat eater. I don't like anything chewy in my mouth. Anything I can see fat on. Anything on ...
-
Distance runners are the best athletes in the world. To excel as a distance runner you need to a tremendous level of cardiovascular and musc...
-
Primary sources: •wheat (including semolina, durum, spelt, triticale, and Kamut® grain) •rye •barley •oats (oats don't naturally contain...
-
Nothing can be more frustrating then going through years of fatigue and feeling like something isn't quite right, but when you go to the...
-
Since the time I was in junior high 20 years ago I have felt chronically tired with low energy. I can sleep in and an hour later have an ove...
-
By Sarah Stevenson When is the last time you had a good night's sleep? Most of us have a million things to do every day and t...
-
1. Aspartame: commonly found in "sugar free" diet products. It is in Crystal Light, Diet V8, NutraSweet, Equal, diet sodas, ch...
Most Popular
-
Article I found on Quinoa at: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice Although not a common item in most kitch...
-
After watching The Biggest Loser tonight I saw Darus's knee injury, which I know all to well. The ileotibial (IT) band syndrome injury h...
-
Here's an article I found. The link is at the bottom of the page. Diet and Acne Connection - Acne Diets Exposed Mike WaldenMay 28, 2007...
-
I have always been a finicky, picky meat eater. I don't like anything chewy in my mouth. Anything I can see fat on. Anything on ...
-
Distance runners are the best athletes in the world. To excel as a distance runner you need to a tremendous level of cardiovascular and musc...
-
Primary sources: •wheat (including semolina, durum, spelt, triticale, and Kamut® grain) •rye •barley •oats (oats don't naturally contain...
-
Nothing can be more frustrating then going through years of fatigue and feeling like something isn't quite right, but when you go to the...
-
Since the time I was in junior high 20 years ago I have felt chronically tired with low energy. I can sleep in and an hour later have an ove...
-
By Sarah Stevenson When is the last time you had a good night's sleep? Most of us have a million things to do every day and t...
-
1. Aspartame: commonly found in "sugar free" diet products. It is in Crystal Light, Diet V8, NutraSweet, Equal, diet sodas, ch...

No comments:
Post a Comment