Primary sources:
•wheat (including semolina, durum, spelt, triticale, and Kamut® grain)
•rye
•barley
•oats (oats don't naturally contain gluten, but are often subject to contamination with small amounts and many gluten intolerant people avoid oats).
Hidden sources: (ingredients/additives which may contain gluten)
The source of many of these ingredients must be carefully scrutinized to ascertain whether or not any gluten is present. For example, modified food starch from corn is acceptable, as long as no wheat starch is included. Apple cider vinegar is acceptable, but distilled vinegars may contain gluten. Pure buckwheat or buckwheat flour is acceptable, but many buckwheat flours are contaminated with or have wheat flour added.
•Binders
•Bleu cheese
•Brown Rice syrup (if barley malt enzyme is used)
•Caramel coloring (made from barley malt enzymes)
•Coatings
•Colorings
•Dextrins
•Dispersing agents
•Emulsifiers
•Excipients (added to prescription medications to achieve desired consistency)
•Extracts (in grain alcohol)
•Fillers
•Flavorings (in grain alcohol)
•Flours, Breads, Cereals, Crackers, Pasta, Sauces & Condiments made with the above listed grains or their derivatives.
•Grain alcohol (beer, ale, rye, scotch, bourbon, grain vodka)2
•Homeopathic remedies
•Hydrolyzed protein, hydrolyzed plant protein (HPP) hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP)
•Malt or Malt Flavoring (Barley malt)
•Modified starch, modified food starch (when derived from wheat)
•Mono- and di-glycerides (made using a wheat starch carrier)
•Oils (wheat germ oil & any oil with gluten additives)
•Preservatives
•Soy Sauce (when fermented using wheat)
•Spices (if containing anti-caking agents)
•Starch (made from grains listed above)
•Vegetable gum (when made from oats)
•Vegetable protein
•Vinegars (distilled clear and white or with a mash starter)
•Vitamin E oil
Friday, May 14, 2010
Ingredients and Hidden Ingredient with Gluten List
About Aimee
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design
Hidden Ingredients with Gluten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Article I found on Quinoa at: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice Although not a common item in most kitch...
-
After watching The Biggest Loser tonight I saw Darus's knee injury, which I know all to well. The ileotibial (IT) band syndrome injury h...
-
Distance runners are the best athletes in the world. To excel as a distance runner you need to a tremendous level of cardiovascular and musc...
-
Nothing can be more frustrating then going through years of fatigue and feeling like something isn't quite right, but when you go to the...
-
Here's an article I found. The link is at the bottom of the page. Diet and Acne Connection - Acne Diets Exposed Mike WaldenMay 28, 2007...
-
Primary sources: •wheat (including semolina, durum, spelt, triticale, and Kamut® grain) •rye •barley •oats (oats don't naturally contain...
-
I have always been a finicky, picky meat eater. I don't like anything chewy in my mouth. Anything I can see fat on. Anything on ...
-
Since the time I was in junior high 20 years ago I have felt chronically tired with low energy. I can sleep in and an hour later have an ove...
-
By Sarah Stevenson When is the last time you had a good night's sleep? Most of us have a million things to do every day and t...
-
Article from: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/531941/is_enriched_food_really_good_for_you.html?cat=51 One would look at a food lab...
Most Popular
-
Article I found on Quinoa at: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice Although not a common item in most kitch...
-
After watching The Biggest Loser tonight I saw Darus's knee injury, which I know all to well. The ileotibial (IT) band syndrome injury h...
-
Distance runners are the best athletes in the world. To excel as a distance runner you need to a tremendous level of cardiovascular and musc...
-
Nothing can be more frustrating then going through years of fatigue and feeling like something isn't quite right, but when you go to the...
-
Here's an article I found. The link is at the bottom of the page. Diet and Acne Connection - Acne Diets Exposed Mike WaldenMay 28, 2007...
-
Primary sources: •wheat (including semolina, durum, spelt, triticale, and Kamut® grain) •rye •barley •oats (oats don't naturally contain...
-
I have always been a finicky, picky meat eater. I don't like anything chewy in my mouth. Anything I can see fat on. Anything on ...
-
Since the time I was in junior high 20 years ago I have felt chronically tired with low energy. I can sleep in and an hour later have an ove...
-
By Sarah Stevenson When is the last time you had a good night's sleep? Most of us have a million things to do every day and t...
-
Article from: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/531941/is_enriched_food_really_good_for_you.html?cat=51 One would look at a food lab...

No comments:
Post a Comment