Tuesday, October 30, 2012

5 Abdominal Exercises without doing Sit-Ups


  1. Power knees: Works the obliques. Do as many as you can in a minute to each side. You will probably get exhausted before the minute is up, but you will feel it.






  1. Decline pushups: This is my favorite, because it works everything in my upper body (pecs, serratus anteriors, biceps, triceps, back) and I only have to do 15-20 reps and I'm feeling it the next day, unlike some exercises, such as situps, in which you have to do tons of reps to get results. If you want to make this exercise more challenging for your abs do it on an exercise ball.





  1. Pump ups: In this exercise bring your butt down to the floor then pump your heels back up to the sky.



      4. High pulley crunch
  1. Butt ups: Keep your arms and feet stationary: Keep elbows and feet stationary during this exercise and raise your butt up and down.



****Sit-ups that work best****

However if you do want to do sit-ups or crunches. I've found that sitting on an exercise ball and doing only 25 situps/crunches leaves my abs sore the next day; whereas, if I were to do 300 regular situps I wouldn't be sore at all. This works well for using your rectus abdominals and obliques, as well as working on balance for those with balance issues.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Popular

Sign up now!

Pinterest

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *