Monday, April 20, 2015

Breaking the fear of going into the weight room for the first time.

Going into the weight room as woman for the first time can be very daunting. There is all men. Grunting and lifting massive amounts of weight. It may seem as if they own the gym and you have no place in it. Back in high school I went into the weight room with my best friend, then when I got to college I used the universal machines where there weren't too many men around. THEN I took a weight training class. Now I walk into the gym like I own it. I'm calling out the men on their lack of gym etiquette. If I don't know how to adjust a machine I have no problem asking A MAN, because I know that I know how to use the machine. Just because I don't know how to adjust the seat or release the weight doesn't mean I know nothing. Plain and simple, it's usually a different brand of machinery with slight alterations from a similar one. I've made a few little videos so that you can enter the gym like you know exactly what you are doing, and look like a pro too!  I apologize for the lack of  quality of the videos.  Check back, because I may add more videos in the future.



 Lesson 1 Don't tear up your hands.

Lesson 2   Unhooking the bar

Lesson 3 Don't let the weights slide off the end

Lesson 4 Where to hold the barbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Popular

Sign up now!

Pinterest

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *