Friday, November 9, 2012

Uses for mint: Water flavor & Mint Lime Mojitos

Once when I was at a restaurant I asked for a water and they served it to me with mint in it.  I thought what a great idea, because I hate it when they serve it to me with the lemon on the side.  Who knows where that lemon has been, if it has been washed, or what pesticides are on it.  Mint can be really expensive to purchase at the grocery store.  $3.99 for a little plastic container and it don't last long.  So I purchased a mint plant for $2-3.  The trick to keeping it alive is to give it some sunlight, but not in direct sunlight. Don't over water the plant, no more than 1cm of water for it to suck up.  Most of the time the plate it sits on will probably be dry, but it needs very little water or you will kill the plant.

I don't drink alcohol, so the other use I have for mint is virgin mojitos.  I juiced a lime then pureed the mint in a blender with the lime juice, put it on ice in a glass, and filled the remainder of the glass with sparkling water.  It's also recommended to add a cucumber, but I didn't try it with the cucumber.  My friend thinks it taste like Alka Seltzer, but after I drank it I had so much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Popular

Sign up now!

Pinterest

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *