Monday, May 24, 2010

The Gluten Trial

While at work the other night a couple other nurses were eating Klondike bars. I wanted one, but there were none left. When I opened the fridge there was some chocolate ice cream and when I looked at the ingredients it had gluten in it. I craved it so much that I decided to take my chances. After eating it I became extremely fatigued with a headache. It's common to get tired in the middle of the night, but this was way beyond tired fatigue.

Gluten free can be challenging. I go past pizza dripping with cheese and I want it. Vanilla bean cheesecake and I want it. Everything looks so appealing. Sometimes I resist. Sometimes I have to indulge. Hopefully with time I will have more energy, and the feeling of fatigue that comes with eating gluten products will be less appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Popular

Sign up now!

Pinterest

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *