Friday, May 14, 2010

Wheat Grass


Whenever I went into the Jewel grocery stores in Chicago I always saw the pots of wheatgrass in the produce section just as you see it to the right. Going into the Jamba Juice smoothie place you always see wheatgrass plants and it as an option to get in your smoothies. I happened to love Bolthouse Green Goodness smoothies and if you look at the ingredients it's kiwi, apples, blue green algae, and WHEATGRASS!
Last summer as I was entering a Borders there was a cart with clearance books and The Wheatgrass Book was only $4, so I picked it up. I have 30 books or so on my bookshelf that I hadn't read, so as my New Year's resolution I started diving into reading them.
It had instant appeal to me since I struggle with fatigue. The chlorphyll in these plants have properties closely related to the blood in our bodies.
According to Ann Wigmore it has the ability to stimulate health circulation, regenerate the main detoxifying organ of our body, the liver. It can also destroy cancer cells, gives energy helping with fatigue, and can be given to help your pets. She notes in this book that sleeping with this plant in the room it increases the oxygen and helps to get more rejuvenating sleep.
I didn't have a juicer, so I ran the grass through my blender with some water. I then filtered out the grass with my coffee filter. I now finally have a juicer, but I can't find any stores here in Texas that sell the plants. This book also has a detoxifying fast regime using wheatgrass.
This is only the skeletons of what I remember of the plant, but this book is an interesting 100 page book that can be read quickly.
Yesterday I picked up a packet of wheatgrass drink mix and this morning I drank it in some pineapple juice. I was having some trouble waking up this morning, but after drinking it I felt a surge of energy. http://snap2twitter.com/iahawkette/photos/382384

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Popular

Sign up now!

Pinterest

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *