Thursday, May 27, 2010

New GF Recipes

Tonight is the eve before I begin a 6 night stretch with one night off. I do my meal preparation beforehand so that I can grab it out of the fridge and go. On my nights on I do two things: work and sleep with time for nothing else.

Many people these days are trying to live on a dime, and shopping at Whole Foods,
co-ops, or other organic grocery stores is too expensive. I myself only by the necessary items that I can't find in the regular grocery stores. I don't buy organic vegetables. I buy veggies at the regular store, bring them home and soak them in white vinegar or Fruit & Veggie wash. They remove all herbicides, pesticides, and impurities as evidenced by the soot and dirt at the bottom of my bowl after cleaning them. All of the ingredients I bought today for my recipes tonight were bought at Wal-Mart with the exception of the macaroni noodles. Wal-Mart has gluten free spaghetti noodles, but not macaroni noodles. Even a large bag of my favorite gluten free Salt & Vinegar Kettle chips are sold for $2.98 at Wal-Mart. A small bag alone at Whole Foods is $3 or 2/$4. 2 small bags= 1 large bag. Don't be fooled by the organic stores!

Many of these recipes I have borrowed and modified from another gluten free blog. I love cheese on everything. Cheese makes the whole world better. I love cilantro so much that I put it in everything, including my salads with romaine lettuce. Tonight I substituted it for fresh basil. I wanted to make the mac n' cheese with healthy turkey bacon, but I didn't see any turkey bacon that wasn't smoked at the store. Unfortunately anything that is smoked is not gluten free! Smoked foods are tasty, but also carry carcinogenics in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Popular

Sign up now!

Pinterest

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *